Friday, May 21, 2010
This is the BEST song ever created! Everyone must listen to it but... you first have to understand why it's so amazing.
Maren, Lindsey and I have been best friends since we were three years old. We were somewhat odd but very creative children. This past week has been spent laughing about all of the ridiculous games we used to play that were insanely imaginative. We also laughed about all of the predicaments we used to get ourselves into because of our awesome imaginations. One of the things we are best known for is our "Rock Sales"... that's right ladies and gentlemen; we used to sell rocks from my garden on the side of the road just like most children sell lemonade. We never thought twice about it doing it because we thought everyone loved rocks as much as we did. I mean who wouldn't want hand polished garden rocks? We didn't realize that the people who actually stopped to buy the rocks probably just felt bad for us and our poor situation, while we were thinking about how genuis it was.
Anyway, we had an amazing childhood filled with stories much like this one, but this one tends to be the tipping point and sets far apart from the rest of the world.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
After 2 years of marriage-hood my bestest friends are back from the dead and they are coming to visit me so we can be three peas in a pod for an entire week of perfect bliss!!
Ok, so that may have been a bit dramatic but I can't contain my excitement with the thought of them coming because it truly has been years since we have spent longer than a few hours together! I already have plans for beach excursions, Disney Days and lounging by the pool for some amazing relaxation. I am so amazed and humbled by how truly perfect my friends are to me. In times when I need them the most they are always there for me and now not only emotionally but physically. I can't believe that my best friends since I was three years old are still my best friends at age 22 and I am overwhelmed with gratitude for all that they have done for me. I love them so much and I can't wait to see them!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
My mama always taught me....
- Cleanliness is next to godliness
- You must always rinse your dishes before you put them in the dishwasher
- You are to dress in your nicest attire when going out in public especially when Grandma is coming as well
- All food groups must be represented in each meal
- Guests are to be treated as kings and catered to on every level
- All parties must be well planned and food must always be served
- Education is to be taken seriously
- You can always trust in children because they are incapable of lying
- There is no dream too big
- Family will never abandon you, even if at times they hurt you
- Heavenly Father knows our needs better than we do
Thank you Mom for your countless words of wisdom! Here's to you on your special day, may your teachings live on throughout the generations... I love you!