Friday, April 8, 2011

Looking Back...

I recently was telling a friend about some of the funny things that happened to me while working at Disney and I wanted to share them with the other four people who read my blog :)

A boy about 7 years old…

Me: Oh my, aren’t you a brave dragon slayer! I see you have a sword of truth just like my Prince Phillip.

Boy: Yeah… you know I’ve seen your movie?

Me: You have heard of my story? Isn’t that wonderful! What was your favorite part?

Boy: The part where you die!

Me: Oh dear, I never died. I just fell asleep until my handsome prince came and gave me loves first kiss to wake me up (wink)

Boy: GROSS!!

Me: Well might we have a picture together so I can tell my Prince Phillip all about you?

Boy: Sure, I guess

And I gave him a big, pink kiss on the cheek for the picture to which he freaked out and the family LOVED.


A boy about 6 years old…

Me: Well look at what a brave prince I see!

Boy: I’m not a Prince!!

Me: Oh my, well what are you then?

Boy: Guess!

Me: Are you a King? Pirate? Dragon? Monster? Wizard?

Boy: I am a Jedi! Look at my light saber! (whips out a plastic light saber from his little sister’s stroller)

Me: A light saber? Oh how brave you must be to use such a weapon! Do you think Prince Phillip could use it to slay dragons?

Boy: No, they only work for Jedi’s. Tell Prince Phillip sorry.


A little girl about 5 years old…

Me: What is your favorite thing about being you?

Girl: I like everything about being me!

Me: What wonderful confidence you have! Do you know how important that is for all Princesses to have? And how fantastic that you have mastered it!

Girl: What is confidence?

Me: It is believing in yourself and not letting anyone or anything change your mind.

Girl: Oh! Then yes, I have confidence!


A mother starts to shove an infant into my arms ( which I’m not supposed to hold) so I kneel on the ground to follow protocol if a child is forced into my arms. The child is screaming and drooling all over me and I smile to get the picture over with. The mother exclaims, “ No, no that picture won’t work. Ya know, would ya mind just putting yer arm across her stomach to cover up all of that throw up on her shirt?” SICK! And I did it….


A 2 year old girl…

Me: Would you like to come sit on my special bench?

Girl: I have poop!

The mother steps in, embarrassed and states that it happened in line and she can’t sit down because of it

Me: ( Trying to control my laughter, as my photographer is laughing uncontrollably, I kneel down on the floor) What is your favorite color? Is it purple like your beautiful dress?

Girl: I have poop!

Yep that went on the for the rest of the conversation and through the photo as well…


Little girl about 4 years old (one of my favorite memories)

Girl: Princess Aurora, where have you been? I have been looking all over the kingdom for you! ( very distraught)

Me: Oh dear, I am so sorry sweetheart. Where did you look?

Girl: I climbed to the tallest tower, I swam across the lake with lots of scary alligators, I got really scared but my dad was there and my mom grew very tall, taller then my dad even and she scared the monsters away. Then we walked a lot and there were lots of pretty flowers in the fields and look I picked one for you! ( she brought me a beautiful gardenia)

Me: How did you know these were my favorite flowers? Don’t they smell magnificent?

Girl: The troll told me.

Me: Oh yes, which troll was it? I have many friends that are trolls

Girl: The one I met while I was flying. We were flying high up in the clouds and when I met him, he told me to be sure and bring you this special, magical flower cause it is your favorite and it was really hard to find. Just like you were hard to find.

Me: I’m so sorry I was hard to find. But I am certainly glad you finally found me! Now that you know where I am, will you come visit me again?

Don’t you just love that imagination?!


Girl about 12…

Me: What is your favorite thing about being 12?

Girl: Nothing

Me: Really? Nothing at all?

Girl: Yeah, I just don’t like getting older

Me: Well then what was your favorite thing about being 11?

Girl: Nothing

Me: Well unless you are like my friend Peter Pan you will have to keep growing up… What don’t you like about being 12?

Girl: I don’t like that you can’t trust adults

Me: Trust can be a very difficult thing, especially if someone wrongs you. However, you must always keep in mind that not all adults are the same and there are some you can trust.

Girl: Yeah


Here comes the grand finale!

A couple in their mid-twenties, with the whole family in tow…

Me: Oh what a beautiful couple! I see you found your dream Prince!

Girl: (embarrassed) yes he is my dream prince

Me: and is she your dream princess?

Guy: Yes she is

Me: Wonderful, shall we have a picture together?

Guy: Yes, can I just pose like this? ( gets on one knee)

Me: Oh my what a charming prince we have here, but I think Prince Phillip might get jealous.

Pulls out a RING… and I soon realize that I am in the middle of a proposal. Completely caught off guard, I step as far back as I can and hope I don’t get in all of the pictures.

Guy: Something cheesy

Girl: Crying... yes!

Family: Ohhhhhh, ahhhh, cheers, clapping, excitement

Then someone yells from the group: You were supposed to do it in front of Cinderella-her favorite Princess!

Guy: I thought you were Cinderella…

Me: Sorry handsome, we look similar but I just fell asleep while she ran from her Prince…

Guy: huh?

Me: She is right there, why don’t you go introduce your beautiful princess to her…

8 comments:

Maegan and Dan said...

those stories are so great! what fun memories!

Lauren Kay said...

Awesome! Those are great. I love the Jedi little boy and the girl with the imagination. So cute! I'd love more! :) Maybe some with Brazilians...

Hannah said...

I have poop. That one definitely takes the cake. Seriously! I read it in class and started silent giggling!

Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing these great experiences! Such fun. You are definitely the most beautiful princess of all!

Bianchii said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
www.guccihandbagsoutlet.org said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kevin21 said...

Canada Goose Jackets a new style of eider down the leading brand, "plume" to do is the most popular elements ingeniously in popular style, not too avant-garde, not too flashy, not a single prominent bright spot, but consumers in the natural and harmonious, enjoy a low-key fashion sense."

Advocates "universal fashion" concept, "let fashion paste mass, so that the public enjoy the fashion" is the pursuit of plume nx39she.

Double plume leisure jacket down jacket, down clothing health sports new trend Canada Goose Expedition Parka

And most of the domestic brands of serious homogenization, "wings" over the years has been focusing on the down function and professional.

When the wind was blowing outdoor sports in Europe and the United States, double plume on the use of strong technical strength and over the years in Europe and America for high-end outdoor professional OEM experience, launched in the domestic professional mountaineering, and help China's first female climber Pando successfully climbed Mount Everest Canada Goose.

Sac Hermes Birkin said...

Maintain assortment of Dough Morrisons Jimmy Choo Handbags Kerri Mack handbags at Angel Handbags.com. For gals which are bored of carrying mens laptop bags, implementing Kerri Mack bags has to be a nice adjust. They are really constructed from leather, nylon, PVC, along with large-top quality products. Chic and chic, these Kerri Mack tas chanel bags are unquestionably a symbol of design Juicy Couture Handbags. In our opinion, the Kerri Mack tote bags search skilled at workplaces and so are equally fantastic at parties Christian Louboutin pumps.
We counsel you to check out the vivid and hip Kerri Mack Andrea bag in faux-patent complete Christian Louboutin Sandals. With spacious interiors and a magnetic high closure, the Kerri Mack Andrea bag is a ideal carry-all. Gold hardware particulars, belt loop closures, and substantial front pockets are a few get noticed capabilities in this bag Chanel Handbags. The Kerri Mack Bridgette Bag could be the fantastic womens laptop bag Christian Louboutin Boots. This bag contains a cool fake crocodile design. With leather handles and wrist strap, this bag are usually carried by any means you'd like. From perform to the dinner date, you could carry this Kerri Mack bag where you go.