Wednesday, April 27, 2011

National Park Service Life

I am currently living in the Presidio of San Francisco which is an absolute dream. I live in dorm-style housing with 12 other people. It is an excitingly social atmosphere and everyone has a story to tell; a beautiful personality to share. We have access to so much here with such a perfect location and I can't wait to explore it all with my friends and adventurous spirits.

Work has been fantastic. All we did the first day was drive and hike throughout the park which took us to Muir Beach, Rodeo Beach and Conzelman's Peak in the Marin Headlands which were breathtaking.

Day two I worked with all of the power tools in the shop and built 30 signs to be placed as trail markers throughout the park in the morning and in the afternoon we hiked all over the Hawks Hill trail doing sign assessments, but I was mostly just consumed by the fantastic view it afforded of the entire bay with the Golden Gate Bridge in perfect view.

It is not very often that you can find a job that will let you hike and explore all day, take naps on the beach during lunch and allow you to play with power tools. I'm only a few days in, but I have a feeling that I could get used to this life.

6 comments:

Lauren Kay said...

That sounds awesome! I'm so jealous!

Leslie Dow said...

I wanna see pics! i know u got some sweet photography skills girl!!

hapi said...

Hi Christyn Caryn, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Hannah said...

I would really like to see some pictures of this place. :)

India: my motherland said...

nice

Sac Hermes Birkin said...

Maintain assortment of Dough Morrisons Jimmy Choo Handbags Kerri Mack handbags at Angel Handbags.com. For gals which are bored of carrying mens laptop bags, implementing Kerri Mack bags has to be a nice adjust. They are really constructed from leather, nylon, PVC, along with large-top quality products. Chic and chic, these Kerri Mack tas chanel bags are unquestionably a symbol of design Juicy Couture Handbags. In our opinion, the Kerri Mack tote bags search skilled at workplaces and so are equally fantastic at parties Christian Louboutin pumps.
We counsel you to check out the vivid and hip Kerri Mack Andrea bag in faux-patent complete Christian Louboutin Sandals. With spacious interiors and a magnetic high closure, the Kerri Mack Andrea bag is a ideal carry-all. Gold hardware particulars, belt loop closures, and substantial front pockets are a few get noticed capabilities in this bag Chanel Handbags. The Kerri Mack Bridgette Bag could be the fantastic womens laptop bag Christian Louboutin Boots. This bag contains a cool fake crocodile design. With leather handles and wrist strap, this bag are usually carried by any means you'd like. From perform to the dinner date, you could carry this Kerri Mack bag where you go.